I decided to resew the front and back of Christina's dress Saturday night and reassemble the dress. So much had gone wrong with the first version that I just couldn't live with it anymore.
I finished it in two nights. It took away a lot of the stress of packing (well, mostly because I was sewing instead of packing), and it went together like a dream. All of the decisions had been made - all I had to do was sew everything in the right order.
Decisions scare me. I have do something mind-numbing for a half hour just to decide how to embroider a collar. I make a decision at night, then second guess it in the morning, then recommit the next night. It can take me a week just to decide what fabric to use for a project.
So there is something so relaxing about a kit - all of the decisions made for me. But I keep hoping that if I keep creating, and learning how to live with and fix the consequences of my decisions, that the whole process will become easier. I hope.
And I love the dress!
Hmm, now that I look at the photo - the bottom button is crooked. Oh well. It's in the mail, and I'm done! Unless I want to finish up that slip that I made to go with it...