Here's my entry for the February tie-one-on challenge (the mapron):
The image is one of the many fabulous files that you can download from the Library of Congress, printed onto iron-on muslin. Luckily, my weird little local fabric store had the lime green twill tape for the adjustable neckband/ties. I made the apron for a young man who is turning twelve next week. He will be VERY relieved to find the Legos, books, and games wrapped up in the apron.
The image seems a little low on the apron. I made the apron twice - I was experimenting with creating the casing for the adjustable neckband and ties. I ended up just lining the whole apron. And with the wide casing, there just wasn't room for the image near the neckline. Note to myself: If I continue to make these, I will absolutely, definitely order a pattern.